Greystones/Delgany Sustainable Energy Community is a voluntary group that came together to increase awareness within our community of the negative impacts of climate change, explore options for reducing our use of and dependence on fossil-fuels and increase the energy efficiency of our buildings, transport and other aspects of our lives.
The SEC is a subcommittee of Greystones Tidy Towns. We welcome and are working towards cooperation with other voluntary and like-minded groups in the area to achieve these objectives.
Our vision is to make a measurable contribution within our community to the long-term sustainability of our environment within a period of 5 years.
This will be achieved by:
- Increasing awareness within the wider community of the challenges of climate change and what we as individuals and communities can do to reduce our dependence on the use of fossil-fuels while at the same time making our homes more comfortable and more energy efficient.
- Exploring options to conserve energy and thereby reduce use of fossil fuels.
- Exploring options to replace fossil-fuel energy use with more sustainable options.
- Engaging in specific energy-conservation projects that will attract substantial funding from SEAI.
- Supporting individuals in the community to undertake building/transport energy conservation projects by leveraging funding.
- Working to create nearly zero energy buildings (nZEB)
- Working as an action group within the community and with like-minded partners to reduce our negative impacts on the environment.